well hello

well hello

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A poem, inspired by: "I reached into a drawer"

the orb tucked secretly away
into the depths of a bottomless drawer- the horror i faced,
withdrawing into a shiny shell like an oyster
i pose still as night, slowly, carefully
my tentative hand, (braver than me) takes
the icy cold plunge into the dense deep.
i wrap my fingers finally around it, this undulating
sacred sphere of wondrous amazement.
sizzling bolts and jets and flashes
erupted in front of my face
who knew? my jovial drawer, such a simple
part of my surroundings.
Without hesitation because i know what to do, i do.
She strolled silently by and glanced in a passing window,
never expecting the sight to behold her emerald eyes:
a white bright light, a stranger takes flight
the distant moon is closer now; she is a star.

No comments: