well hello

well hello

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Shine bright like a diamond

Yesterday I wrote a poem for the first time in months. I'm not going to share it here but I just reread it and think it's pretty good.

Today is alright, better than most. I slept decent. The sun is out. I took myself to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast (had a gift card to use) and it was tasty. "Stole" a bunch of napkins (because I'm poor). Returned a sweater to Target because I didn't really like it and needed the money back in my account. Bumped into my two girlfriends at the store which was cool.

Now I'm finishing my coffee and about to shower. Work tonight. Off work completely Sunday and Monday which is groovy. I plan to take a little drive and clear my thoughts, possibly down to my old college town (about an hour away). I need it! My mind is muddled. My mind's eye is blurry. My mind's voice is lost in translation.

I sometimes shake my head, as if to clear it, but the numb murkiness remains. So the plan is to drive, completely sober, and let my thoughts wander. I need to figure out a job plan. I truly believe that I will not find something I like until I know what exactly it is that I'm looking for. Sounds cliche but it's true for me right now.

I'll probably stop at the waterfront. Scratch that, I WILL stop at the waterfront. I love water. I love lakes. I love the peace I feel being near nature. The sound of the waves and wind. The sand and driftwood. The sun!

Have a great rest of your weekend =)
Love, Sar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear someone else likes the sun as much as I do. And water. : )

You have a talent for writing. Your posts are always beautiful.