well hello

well hello

Monday, April 25, 2011

Peter Cottontail

I survived Easter. My family treats any holiday as a chance to binge on various fattening foods. I gazed around the table after we ate; I viewed their bloated discomfort, full but overly-satisfied grimaces, how they'd lean back in the chair to put as much space between tummy and pant waistband as possible... Gross. Thankfully no one unbuttoned their pants.

Here's what I ate: mashed potatoes, corn, asparagus, coleslaw, a roll (with butter!), some black olives, this pineapple cottage cheese salad and a spoonful of applesauce. Water to drink. Dessert was a slice of vanilla frosted "bunny cake"... AKA gross fat buttery shortening, white flour, sugar, empty calorie deliciousness. My dinner portions were small-ish. I could have done worse.

I had a cup of black coffee and felt my digestive system speed the fuck up. Hey, every little bit helps.

After our dysfunctional dinner, I left to go get high with my bff. It was relaxing.

I just got home and ate chocolate. I'm freaking out, but I did my sideways mirror check thing and feel almost satisfied. My ribs waved to me, my hip bones stood at attention. I'm still hungry...

Phew.

I really overdid it today, but tomorrow will be a fresh start. I'm already planning to take a walk down to the library to return some books and magazines I checked out the other week. A walk at a brisk pace will be refreshing and aerobic. Can't wait.

Ugh. So much has been going on and I've been a bad blogger. It's funny because I'm so quick to tell people that I'm a writer.

God, what a fraud I am.

Think thin.

XO
~Sar~

No comments: